BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Friday, June 5, 2009

mAn oF tHe mAtCh!!!

Cricket is one of those rarest of rare things which has never bored me (as if I am the only one in India of this category…hahahaa). I remember those days when it was just cricket that was running through my veins. It was the summer holidays time. As usual I was playing cricket in the verandah alone. Hit the ball towards the wall and play it when it bounced back. This was my way of playing cricket tournaments. That day, my mom was sitting in the room nearby, cutting vegetables and warning me to stop. I was ignoring her warnings as always. There were window panes just alongside the wall. It was safe as I had never broken anything in that section of the house (record speaks itself…). . Australia batted first and scored a total of 20 runs (What the FucK!!...OH! its room cricket na...). It was Sachin who opened the innings for India and McGrath was the bowler. The first ball bounced a little high and I left it. Oh nice leave (I was doing commentary also…dumb!). Next delivery was a good length. Tendulkar tried to leave and there you go….McGrath strikes!!!! Wrong judgement by Tendulkar. Off stump gone. The crowd went silent in disappointment. Next batsman, Ganguly. OH! Beware of the short ball MAN!! (I told my self) McGrath running hard, first delivery, Yorker, Ganguly caught in surprise and middle stump went flying towards the keeper. What a sight for the bowler! Practice Ganguly Practice. Move your feet. HUH!! India zero for the loss of two wickets. Soon the scorecard was 9 runs for 6 wickets and all the wickets were taken by McGrath (I had not changed the bowler…hahaha). Then comes, Robin Singh, as always, to rescue India. India needs 12 more runs to win the match. First ball bouncer by McGrath. Robin singh could not resist the temptation and hooked it. WHIP!! Straight into the basket of vegetables and there you see the onions flying in the air. Mom’s face turned red and those DIVINE WORDS came out instead of just scoldings. I was pretending as if I didn’t hear anything (I was wearing helmet no…hahahaa). By the way it was a six in case you missed it. Now only six more runs required to win. Mcgrath running towards the batsman, furious as always, tried Yorker, but oh it’s a full toss, Robin Singh can’t miss it even with his eyes closed. SMACK!! There goes the ball, high in the air, directly breaking through the window panes and the crowd cheering India’s dramatic win. Wow!!!…. Hey Wait! What is that sound? My GOD!! Mom in full mood, ready with the belan and all those divine words @#$%^&*(@#%^ I was like, Mom it was Robin Singh and not me.. @#$%^&*()$%& Mom continued…. I felt sad….very sad… Hey not for the window panes or mom’s divine love for me but for Mcgrath. So sad. He is a better bowler. May be it was not his day. I thought and left the ground and waited for the MAN OF THE MATCH award ceremony in the night, with Dad as chief guest…..

0 comments: