BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Saturday, February 6, 2010

a RiDe tO rEmEmBeR!!!

Looking out of the window of Punjab Roadways bus moving just a little slower than Boeing 747, I could hardly keep my eyes open. I was travelling back from college to my home place. On the way a bike caught my attention as it was trying to cross the bus. I saw a nice sweet young couple--happily unmarried, with the girl hugging the guy from behind, a little tighter than usual and the guy, with his one hand, massaging her arm n trying to kiss it while driving with the other. They were talking romance with each other, basically what you would call getting-ready-to-make-out intentions. The whole scene made me feel a little more than jealous. At the same time I was happy seeing them enjoying their cozy happy times.

Finally thanks to the power of his Pulsar 180 CC, even with such distractions the guy managed to cross the bus. The bus driver must have been a pervert errrr... observer like me as he was also noticing the whole scene. I could smell the feeling of frustration the bus driver had as he saw the brand new bike crossing his old khtaara bus. Even though he wanted to but he could not press the race pad further since it was already on the verge of getting dismantled. The bike just disappeared in few seconds and it added to his frustrations but I felt better seeing them going away though not before I saw the girl kissing the guy on the neck--that’s love making for you :-p. I had missed seeing everything outside but not this. I threw my head back on the seat and tried ignoring the feeling of jealousy playing with my mind.

Obviously all in vain.

I was about to come out of it all, just then the bus stopped at the signal. I could not imagine my eyes seeing that outside the window. The same bike was down on the ground and under it was the guy. The girl was luckily not hurt and was standing alongside and the guy was struggling trying to lift himself up from under the bike. The bus driver gave them a smirky smile. The girl was simply looking at the guy as if she didn't do anything. Though she was not speaking at all still I could read her mind and it was something like, “Hey I just kissed you. You only were pulling my hand here and there. Stop looking at me like this. It’s not my fault at all".

I broke into a boisterous laughter.

I just could not control it. All the passengers who were once looking the small accident outside started staring at me. It was tough but the fear of getting beaten up by few fat aunties sitting in front of me helped me in controlling my emotions. Luckily the signal turned green, bus started and I managed to get out of attention. The uncoupled couple was still there, guy looking worried for any scratches on his Pulsar 180 CC and the girl in some other direction searching for her own lipsticks and creams that were scattered on the road. Ever seen such soul mates??

The rest of the journey was spent only in arguing with God that it was not my fault!!!!!

17 comments:

@ngel ~ said...

I can imagine the worst and at the same time best of the accident... Accident happened to such a couple and to the soulmates :P

When you are not a part of such a "ride" then it is surely "a ride to remember" I wonder what the couple would call it --?? :D

Anonymous said...

Hey stop bein jealous. U hav got much more than them..;-) N dont laught at situations u shudn't.. I understand ur situation so am stil sharin a laugh wit u..

savvy said...

again u rocked...........[:)] dear naveen stop bein jealous "ye achhi baat nahi"yes ek baat or batao aap ko couples ko dekhne ke siwa koi kaam nahi he kya????????

aayanman said...

Buddy- happiness and jealousy can happily co-exist contrary to popular belief.! It is perfectly normal to feel the way you did.and sometimes in life it is also good not to read too much into it...keep moving...

Sureindran said...

well written. and yea, i can imagine how jealous you were ;)

Naveen said...

@ somyaa--tats wy smtimes its best not be a part of any ride, but riding with ur own thoughts...:-)..

@ Anonymous---Well I am wat I am...smthngs U js cant change :-)

Naveen said...

@savy---arre I told u na..I can't control it lol!!

@gyanban---Thnx a lot. Il try to keep moving ahead:-)

Naveen said...

@sureindran---Thnx for ur appreciation..OH yes I was soooo J:-)

silent sculptor said...

the incident was a funny one...;)

Star said...

had i been at your place, even i would have laughed...
next time they would keep their desperation away while they are on a ride... :)

Anonymous said...

the comment up there by 'Mitsu' was by me. i signed in through another id by mistake.

Naveen said...

@ss---thnx fr ur comment!!

@abanerji---Oh I thot its my rommie..haha..he has the same name..abanerji..
anwz I really need such riders...otherwise I'll run out of stories lol!!

savvy said...

Okay, then you do one thing u can make your pair with your own otherwise if you require a partner then do call me on xxxxxxxxx :) me always ready dear ;)

Arpit said...

Ha Ha..

Your "Jealous" posts are Good.

You are a great observer. :)

Naveen said...

@savy---I tried calling, but u nt pickin up the phone lol!

@Arpit--- I really appreciate ur obsevations:-)

Tavish Chadha(sensible-bakwas.com) said...

good one buddy... the way it started off I thought its gonna be all about the romance on the bike... them when u said the bike crossed u guys and tried thiking of someone else... i had some other expectation... and in the end it was totally differnt from what I had imagined... very good write up... they fine us for driving and talking on the phone at the same time... may be they shpuld fine ppl for romancing/love making while driving... at least it will stop making ppl like me and u feel less jealous...lol

Naveen said...

@ Tavish--Exactly my dear frnd...lol!