BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Monday, February 15, 2010

iT iS jUsT tHe wAy It iS !!!

The other day I had a late dinner and had too much of it. The whole day I was working on projects n stuff. I had not taken a single meal that day (Thank God my parents don't read my blogs!!). Its not that it was for the first time but I was really hungry that night. Anyways there were still few things to do in the project and I had planned a night out in the university along with my real hard working friends. After the dinner I checked for the time. It was 23:20. I had to hurry up real fast to catch the shuttle at 23:35. I packed my bag and ran for the shuttle stop as fast as I could. The snow outside didn't really help. I did not have more than 4-5 minutes to catch the shuttle. I ran on and in the snow and tried my best to keep my feet stable on the slippery road. In between I kept loosing my balance but I didn't stop. From far I could see the shuttle coming from left and going straight away from me towards the stop. Just then I lost my balance completely and I fell flat on the snowy footpath. Damn!! I got up and started running again. Finally the shuttle had halted on the stop and I was about 100 meters away. The shuttle stopped there for more time than usual. PJ, the driver must have seen me running and waited for me. Finally I reached and got in the shuttle.

"Wassup ma man!!" PJ greeted me.
"Not so gud PJ". I replied trying to keep my breath.
"Get urself a seat".
"Yeah, Thanks Pj"
"Back to school?"
"Yup"
Finally I sat on the seat in front and got settled. My friend was already sitting dere.
"What you guys do in the university at this time?" PJ asked.
"We have some project work and have to finish it". I replied.
"Must be really tough staying awake in the night? I wonder how you guys manage it".
"We have to stay awake sometimes in the night PJ. We can't even think about sleeping".
"God Bless ya ma man"
"Yeah, we don't have any other option. We have to get used to it"
"Yeah, you bet me kid"
"Guess It is just the way it is".
My reply had a bit of arrogance in it and I was not prepared for what was coming next. PJ waited for sometime as he must have been pondering over my reply and then he said,
"Yeah you are right. I have been driving this shuttle for T-H-I-R-T-Y F-O-U-R years now and most of the times I do it in the night and I guess I am K-I-N-D-A getting U-S-E-D to it". PJ's killer sarcastic reply slaughtered all the ego and whatever pride I had in me.
There was a moment of silence and then suddenly we all broke out in laughter. A big one. After a long time I had an honest laugh at myself. When we stopped laughing PJ looked out of the window and finished off.
"Yeah ma man...It is just the way it is......"

16 comments:

Maya said...

wht does PJ mean

Naveen said...

It is js his name...:-)

Anonymous said...

Hmmm, Nice one dear but after read this blog, everybody will know that the Life is so hectic and difficult in foreign country.Just wanna say to you that you take gud care of yourself and God bless you.

Unknown said...

Hmmm, Nice one dear but after read this blog, everybody will know that the Life is so hectic and difficult in foreign country.Just wanna say to you that you take gud care of yourself and God bless you.sarita(savy)

Arpit said...

It happens..
Sometime.. it seems that we are taking all the shit *all the time* all alone.. :)
& Fun part is that everyone thinks so.. ;)

Naveen said...

@ Arpit--Can't agree wth u more..

Arpit said...

@naveen
may i knw.. wot do u think?

anupama said...

Dear Naveen,
Good Morning!
Happened to visit your space;liked the template and thanks for the welcome music.:)
The other other day,there was the report of the dangerous loooooooooooooong hours of the drivers[nearly thirty hours and more] behind the steering!They take teh duty to avail three day's leave.the photo shoot was also shown!Unbelievable!
Enjoy the studies,the hardwork and teh hectic life!
As a tsress buster I will give you a tip-More than Hundreds must be dreaming to wear your shoes!:)Hey,by now,I'm sure,the sunrays have reached you.
Wishing you a wonderful Sunday,
Reminding you to be awake the whole night proper diet is a must,
Sasneham,
Anu

Naveen said...

@anupama---tats probably one f the sweetest comments I hv ever recvd..Gud to knw tat even strangers care fr u..Thnx a lot dear!! I'll remember ths one:-)

Anonymous said...

Hey i enjoyed.. Didn't get much hurt na.. This is d reason y people say dont underestimate any1:-) Nobody's less. Evrybody works hard for themselves. I liked it..;-) Tc..

Anonymous said...

I forgot to write sumthin.. U knw i was waitin for ur post.. U knw u actually make me smile always dear.. Thanx.. Tc.. I wish u always smile without a single tear..

Naveen said...

@Anonymous---Its an AWSM feelin to knw tat u r makin ppl smile...:-)

Thnx a ton!

Chandrika Shubham said...

Hard work always brings good results. :)
Best wishes. :)

Naveen said...

Thanx Chandrika!!!

Sachin said...

Don't Worry, if ur parents are not reading... But your "BIG B"... is keeeping an eye on ur blogs all the time.... :-)

Anonymous said...

Nice...Btw did u stop blogging..i was just lookin for your recent posts..just to tell dat u shud keep writing..loved all ur posts