BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Thursday, September 24, 2009

sOmE oNe wRoTe iT !!!

The following story is written by some one other than me (for a change ;-) )...I js happened to read this story sm 4-5 years back, the story i cud relate myself to...Had nthn else to write...so sharing ths wonderful story with u all....



He was a much older man and married. But this did'nt stand in the way of his love 4 me. I was by far the most important person in his life. or so i loved to think. He always had time 4 me. I was his special gal , his gem. Not once in all the years i knew him did he ever say he was too busy 4 me. He was always there and 4 years he was the most important person in my life. Even now i can see him sitting on his favorite stool on the verandah of his house. He sat there waitin 4 me to come to him and i always went, knowin he would be there, waitin. Knowin that all other things and ppl would fade as i sat on th floor besides him, ready to drink in his words, his stories, and his dreams____which were mostly his dreams of wat he wished 4 me. Now as i look back i don know wen i first became aware of him but i certainly know how th relationship started____ he told me abt. it several times. It was one of those love _at _first _sight stuff, though i doubt that i really noticed him that first time. But later i did notice him: I had to as events outside our control threw us together in such a way that there was no way i could have ignored him. not that wanted to. He loomed large in my life and everythin and every1 else , faded in the background. I may not recall how it really started , but i do remember the many hours we spent together on many a moonlit night. th stories he told and th things he said during those nights have been my rock these past years. but recently too i have begun to notice just how much im actin like him.

The other day i was fryin chicken to use 4 stew. Durin the preparation bits and pieces of th meat kept endin up in my mouth. later , after i had finished cookin and cleaned up , i wondered wy i was feelin full' even though i have not eaten all day'. a voice____it must have been th chicken___whispered in my ears,"yeah right, u have not eaten all day!" I burst out laughin as i recalled wat he used to do. Wen he had somethin to share___meat , 4 instance __ he would cut of a bit and put in his mouth before givin to whoever it was meant 4. He did that with each portion he gave out. later he would say , "Can u believe wat i jus did, i shared it all without anythin 4 myself!" his wife and i would look at each other and hide a smile. Oh yes his wife and i were on good terms , but thats another story. The memories of this man do not jus center around food, not that it would be totally out of place. mealtimes were our best tmes and it was not jus th food. my entire life___with its twists and turns, its joys and frustrations, warts and all___daily reminds me of him. Im th woman im coz he loved me, and moulded me in his own image. He spent most of th time we knew each other introductin me to th world he said would 1 day be mine. and today im wat im coz 1 man loved me, believed in me, and gave me a dream to pursue. with his words he opend up a new world 4 me___1 that was beyond my imagination. Education featured on his long list of dreams for me. It was somethin that was important to him. Once i asked wy th moon always seemed to be goin somewhere. " It does not really go anywhere, it only appears so." i sighed ." I wish it travels coz then i can travel with it wherever it is goin." " Listen to me , u dont need th moon to travel to th ends of th earth . If u want to go to th ends of th earth , u will go. Infact if u want to go to th moon itself, u will,get there. Jus study hard in school." "Really u mean i can go to th moon?"" Yes u can. ppl who r not intelligent as u r have gone to th moon." wow! Now that was somethin to dream about. I owe my life to this one man who truly and deeply loved me. in a way , he gave life to me and sustained it. He also gave me words that i have lived by these past years. This gr8 man went on to glory before i cud adequately thank him; before his dreams 4 me wud come to actualisation. But i hope that as he looks at me today from heaven , he is pleased with wat he sees. I have not yet gone to th moon ( and i doubt that its still my dream). I have not gone to ,"All th schools that there r to go" and become an expert , but im workin on it. my life is still a work_in _progress, and by god's grace , this man's dreams and prayers 4 my life will come true .

Thank u Dad !

3 comments:

Neha More said...

Absoloutely Speechless.....I guess U knw tht!!!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
A said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.